18. And unto the angel [messenger, Waldo] of the
church in Thyatira [the period in which there was a sweet perfume of a sacrifice,
Diaglott, Appendix, "Sacrifice of Labor"], write; These things saith the
Son of God, who hath his eyes [omniscient wisdom or discernment] like
unto a flame of fire [penetrating deeply], and his feet [those
representing him on earth] are like fine brass [purified or justified];
19. I know thy works, and charity [love],
and service, and faith, and thy patience [patient endurance], and thy
works [that of the Waldenses and Albigenses during the 12th to 14th centuries];
and the last to be more than the first [of this period of the church].
20. Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest
that woman [the apostate church] Jezebel ["that cursed
woman"], which calleth herself a prophetess [calls herself the
Lords mouthpiece], to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication
[to unite with the civil powers], and to eat things sacrificed unto idols
[partake of man-worship].
21. And I gave her space [chronos, 360 years] to repent
[reform] of her fornication [from having worldly affiliation];
and she repented [reformed] not.
22. Behold, I will cast her [the apostate church] into a bed
[of affliction], and them that commit adultery with her [illegitimately
associated with her] into great tribulation [a condition of great
affliction, the great tribulation at the end of the age], except they
[the worldly associates] repent of their deeds [unless they reform from
their wicked works which she entices them to do].
23. And I will kill her children with death [the followers of the
apostate church will be killed as her children when they end their relationship with her];
and all the churches [seven periods of the churches] shall know that I am
he which searcheth the reins [desires] and hearts [affections]:
and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
24. But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira [Diaglott,
Appendix, "Sacrifice of Labor,"], as many as have not this doctrine
[teaching of man-worship], and which have not known the depths
[degradation of illicit union] of Satan [with civil Roman rulers],
as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
25. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end [a
completion or end], to him will I give power [authority]
27. And he [the overcomer] shall rule them [the
nations] with a rod of iron [rigid force]; as the vessels of a
potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I [Jesus]
received of my
28. And I [Jesus] will give him [the overcomer] the
morning star [myself —Revelation 22:16].
29. He that hath an ear [a receptive and understanding mind],
let him hear what the Spirit [of promise] saith unto the [seven
periods of] churches.